While we have to wait for Nashville to come back, I made a list, ranking the best songs from Season 5 so far. It’s always hard to choose one over another, but I’ve tried my best.
Here we go:
10) BURN TO DARK (Feat. Chris Carmack)
A beautiful song about love and still longing for the person you just lost. I think, it’s too short though. I kept waiting for more.
09) ON MY WAY (Feat. Hayden Panettiere & Jonathan Jackson)
A great rendition from Hayden, her voice is very soft and emotional. The song is about trying to be on the right track, but not being quite there yet.
08) YOU’RE MINE (Feat. Connie Britton, Hayden Panettiere, Jonathan Jackson, Chris Carmack, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio, Lennon & Maisy, Charles Esten)
I loved this song and how everybody sang in it. The vocals merged together in a beautiful way. I just wish the song was more extensive.
07) MY FAVORITE HURRICANE (Feat. Connie Britton and Charles Esten)
This song is one of the delightful Rayna and Deacon’s duets. It has a certain torment in the lyrics, a love with pain, and the vocals show us exactly that.
06) SIMPLE AS THAT ( Feat. Charles Esten)
How great is Charles Esten? When the song started, I didn’t know what to expect, but, as it progressed, I really enjoyed. The chorus is adoring. Very sweet.
05) WIDE OPEN (Feat. Will Chase)
I miss Will Chase! And this song made me desire him back even more. This music is so country, the chorus addictive, his voice amazing as always. I hear this all the time.
04) CAN’T REMEMBER NEVER LOVING YOU (Feat. Connie Britton and Charles Esten)
Another amazing duet from them. This one is more upbeat and the lyrics are very romantic. A true love letter.
03) ALREADY GONE (Feat. Connie Britton)
I wanted this song since season one! I loved when Rayna first played and it was worth the wait. I am very hooked!
02) ALL OF ME (Feat. Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio)
I love The Exes songs. I think their voices are perfect together and they have an intimacy that is just amazing. I don’t know if I prefer the normal version of the song or the Bluebird Set, but I think the later is more their style (it is also the one which the lyrics says “blue eyes” instead of “golden eyes”.
01) SANCTUARY (Feat. Charles Esten and Lennon & Maisy)
This song has beautiful lyrics and it was sung on the most emotional episode of Nashville. I had goosebumps with the performance. Simply AMAZING.
We have some great songs this year, but something has bothered me a lot. I don’t understand why they recorded so many songs from the new characters (Hallie and Clay) and just one song from Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio and Hayden Panettiere. I personally didn’t like the new characters’ songs very much (none of them made the cut).
But what about you guys? Which songs are your favorites so far?